Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Honda has fluttering dash/sometimes will not start

Honda has fluttering dash/sometimes will not start

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda has fluttering dash/sometimes will not start

• Creator
    Topic
    RyanRyan
    Participant

I went to start the Honda and upon stepping on the clutch and turning the key, all the gauges of the dash were fluttering crazy and it would not turn over. I have checked the alternator, starter, fuses and battery connections. Only thing I could come up with was to replace the poor sub-grounding cable located next to the radiator cap. It started with no problem after this but I find it very hard that this was the fix.
      Is there something else I am missing? The car has 270,000 miles on it. I rebuilt the motor 160,000 miles ago and has ran like a top. Does anyone think the computer is starting to go or is there another sub-ground cable somewhere I am missing? When the dash flutter like that is is purely a ground issue? Th battery is brand new and is a high quality Interstate battery.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by RyanRyan.
    Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      RyanRyan
      Participant

I been continuously having issues with the car doing the fluttering dash thing. Sometimes I can get it to start and sometimes it’s just dead. I have found when I disconnect the battery and reconnect, it will start. Is this a computer issue that when I disconnect it clears memory or is there a ground issue somewhere I need to find?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…