Menu

Honda pilot died, no codes thrown?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda pilot died, no codes thrown?

• Creator
    Topic
    spencer carneraspencer carnera
    Participant

I have a 2006 Honda pilot ex-l. 3.5l v6.
      237k miles. My wife was on her way home, as soon as she came around the corner near our house, the battery light came on, she lost power steering, made 1 more turn and the car stop accelerating. It would not go anymore. She turned it off. I pushed it to my house. Tried to start it back up, and it just would not start. It tries to start but I believe its not sparking. I’ve looked and did some research. I replaced the fuel pump, which actually was bad. But did not fix the issue. At this point the car is torn apart in the front under the dash checking all the fuses. I keep hearing what could be the problem, rather than what the problem is. Any help I can get will be much help. I could be just over looking something.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

From reading the symptoms, one thing I would try and removing the accessory drive belt and making sure everything spins freely. It’s possible something is siezed given you lost power steering and had a battery light. You could try to start it and run for a short time.

Other than that, it’s back to the basics: fuel, air, spark and timing.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…