Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Honda starts fine runs perfectly,after a short time the engine loses power,miss

Honda starts fine runs perfectly,after a short time the engine loses power,miss

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda starts fine runs perfectly,after a short time the engine loses power,miss

• Creator
    Topic
    Steve BurtchaellSteve Burtchaell
    Participant

Hi Eric,

Enjoy your videos and have watched many over the years. I’ve got a 2001 Honda Civic with about 120k miles. It starts perfectly and initially runs smooth with good power.
      As it runs perfect for awhile then for no reason in particular it starts to lose power, miss and hesitate. Flick the key off and back on and it runs perfect again. It is a standard transmission so flick the key on/off trick while driving in gear the problem goes away.
      My code reader is not giving me any codes now but did get a Cam Shaft Sensor code at one time that when i changed the code reader. I did it twice to make sure it was not the problem.

This car is driving my crazy. I’ve replaced the fuel pump, cam shaft sensor (twice) and throttle body with all of the connected sensors. Still has the problem. Can drive the car down the road fine if I flick the key off and on when it starts to lose power. Sometimes have to flick key off/on after a few seconds other times a few minutes or not at all if steady driving. But really the problem can happen at anytime. One other thing I noticed was if I push the accelerator quickly to the floor for a quick second the full power resets but just for a 3-10 seconds.
      hope this give you some clues.

Thanks very much!
      Steve Burtchaell
      New Orleans

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Billy AndrewsBilly
      Participant

Checked the main grounds for the engine and ECU?

Steve BurtchaellSteve Burtchaell
        Participant

Will do first thing in the morning and let you know if it has any effect? Thank you!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…