Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • How does a passenger compartment fuse panel work 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L

How does a passenger compartment fuse panel work 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here How does a passenger compartment fuse panel work 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L

• Creator
    Topic
    DaveDave
    Participant

How does a passenger compartment fuse panel work 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L
      I have a 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L
      I have a few electrical issues with it and was trying to figure out
      how the fuse panel works, I can’t seem to find a schematic of the box itself
      Its the passenger compartment fuse panel.
      One example is the Radio circuit when the key is turned off the radio stays on until the driver’s door
      is opened. I am assuming the BCM gets a signal from the driver’s door switch that the door is open
      but how or what kills the power to the radio circuit and a
      few other circuits, I think the clock, power mirror switch and Cigarette lighter.
      What happens on my car is that the radio, clock, Cigarette lighter and the power mirror switch will
      lose power when the key is off and the driver’s door is opened but when the door is closed they will all turn back on
      (killing the battery overnight) I had it at a shop on and off for 2 months and they replaced the BCM, Ignition Switch, and
      the driver’s side door switch. The problem has started again this time it’s constant problem not intermittent.
      If someone could explain how the system works I will be able to find a direction to troubleshoot,

Thanks
      Dave

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

It sounds like the door switch circuit is shorted to one or more of the other circuits you mentioned.
        You will need a power distribution diagram to trace out those 5 circuits.
        The affected circuits may have a tie point or one may be back feeding power to the others.

DaveDave
        Participant

Thanks for the reply

I checked the wiring diagram and it shows the door switch as a ground side switch. It grounds the light on the driver’s door, BCM in two Inputs (all door input and drivers door input) and the Instrument cluster door open light.

So when you say shorted it would be a power feed shorted to the door switch ground circuit?

Another thing that started today is when I open the driver’s door
          the chime goes off with one chime

Participant

When the door is open you complete the circuit to ground which in turn turns on the interior dome light.

When you close the door that opens the circuit from ground which turns off the dome light, but turns on the radio, clock, Cigarette lighter and the power mirror switch.
            This is odd….
            I would start off simple, locate the BCM and check that all powers and grounds are clean and tight including the mounting bolts.
            It sounds as if your dealing with some sort of floating ground.
            Not knowing how these circuits are controlled ( direct power to ground or switched through the BCM or some other control module )
            When the door is open there is a hard ground for these circuits to operate, but when it is closed and the ground is removed these circuits are going active via a command or finding another ground that may be partially messing with the BCM.

DaveDave
            Participant

I will check the powers and grounds at the BCM
              Some circuits are BCM controlled and some are not the clock is powered
              directly as far as what the wiring diagram shows. What was weird about the clock is it has 2 fuses one switched from the ignition switch ACC/ON position and Hot at all times for the memory. In order to stop the clock from turning back on after the door was closed with key out I removed the clock fuse but It didn’t kill the clock when I removed the clock hot all the time memory fuse it turned the clock off. Today the clock and radio are both turning off when the Key is off.
              It really shouldn’t turn off until the door is opened. This is why I’m trying
              to figure out what is controlling power to the radio and clock. The wiring diagrams don’t show any connection to the BCM or fuse box but there has to be something controlling power.

I’m not sure if I can attach pdf’s but I have the clock circuit and the BCM input/output connector list if you want to take a look.

Thanks

Participant

You really need a power distribution diagram in order to see.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…