Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • How much negativite fuel trim is ok?

How much negativite fuel trim is ok?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Automotive Discussion How much negativite fuel trim is ok?

• Creator
    Topic
    Nankumar SeewdatNankumar Seewdat
    Participant

Hey guys, not sure what section to post this in but I believe it falls in here. Recently purchased one of those wifi obd2 scanner things that connect to your phone through an app to monitor my fuel trim. I’m trying to monitor my short term fuel trim because I believe the car is running rich (pops in the exhaust at idle, killed a cat already and I couldn’t find any issues other than possibly too much unburnt fuel in the cat). So my question is how much negativite fuel trim is ok? At idle it sits around -5 to -10%, under acceleration (25-75% throttle) I’ve seen it dip to -15% but it varies between -5%-10%, at wot it goes up to around 4-5%. When I’m coasting and I let off throttle it goes to 0%. If I understand fuel trim correctly when it is negative the ECU is trying to remove fuel because its running too rich and when it’s positive it’s adding fuel because it’s leaning out? Car is 2006 Civic si with around 295k kms. Thanks for the help in advance!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Michael SacksteinMichael Sackstein
      Participant

I’m not sure on the specifics of that vehicle. Perhaps Eric might know. But I do know that a lot of times with those cars the fuel injectors get Carbon build up in them overtime and need to be cleaned. So my suggestion would be to clean those out. You can do it yourself if you have an air compressor, or you can take it to a shop and have it done. I believe Scotty Kilmer has a video on YouTube called “how to clean fuel injectors” and that shows how it’s done.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…