Menu

how to clean iacv

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Maintenance Forums how to clean iacv

• Creator
    Topic
    hondaslave1342hondaslave1342
    Participant

ive heard so many different steps, methods, and no-no’s..what can i clean it with-brake cleaner, throttle-body cleaner, or something like simply green?..W-|

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      RedeemerRedeemer
      Participant

I would think anything that wont leave a residue should do the trick. Havent really needed to clean mine.

jbonejbone
        Participant

I use CRC air and intake cleaner, its safe for TB and works well on IAC….big red can,any auto parts carries it.

professornizamiprofessornizami
          Participant

@Honda Slave, I recently cleaned my IACV for my 98 Accord and I would recommend go with TH Body intake cleaner which you can easily find at Autozone or any other stores. If you need help how to clean it just let me know I can show you step by step with pi

Markbatman2 @aol.comMarkbatman2@aol.com
            Participant

Quoted From hondaslave1342:

ive heard so many different steps, methods, and no-no’s..what can i clean it with-brake cleaner, throttle-body cleaner, or something like simply green?..W-|

eric has a video and also scottykilmer.com and they will show you.

Shaun_300Shaun_300
              Participant

I’ve always cleaned them with brake parts cleaner, it blasts all the crap out of them and evaproates pretty quickly. Haven’t seen too many problems with the GM IAC valves, but when I have the brake clean worked best to clean them.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…