Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Howdy from a Back-Yard-Mech from the Land Down Under- Australia

Howdy from a Back-Yard-Mech from the Land Down Under- Australia

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge New Member Introduction Howdy from a Back-Yard-Mech from the Land Down Under- Australia

• Creator
    Topic
    BobBob
    Participant

Howdy ETCG’ers

1stly: I’d like to say I came across this site via this YouTube Vid,, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTfipsejqS0 The Torgue Converter !
      Very well explain and done Eric, one of the very best I have ever seen !
      2ndly: I am from the Gold Coast, aprrox 50klms south of Brisbane in Australia, age mid 50’s, been playing with cars, bike ect since I 1st pulled a starter motor out of a forklift at age 14.
      Just a back yard mech when maintenance and repairs to own vehicles are needed, also on occasions repairs and trouble shooting for friends and acquaintances !
      3rdly: I am currently Swapping out my 2000 model Toyo Camry 5S-FE 2.2 auto Engine for another I had rebuilt by a local engineers

Lastly : I do have a question about the Torgue Converter & I will post this question later – but for now, I would like to say Thanx for letting me here, & I look forward to browsing the forum more when time allows.
      Hava-great-Day

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BobBob
      Participant

Ok, Question/s Re: Torgue Converters, Here Goes- 1stly it seems common knowledge that when changing Auto-trans oil, that the oil in the torgue converter does not drain out – I assume this is true and stand to be corrected please.
        2nd – Does any trans oil transfer from the auto box to the converter whilst driving, asking because I can-not see anyway that it can ?
        So, if the converter oil stays in the converter than I assume the oil would eventually wear down and/or loose its consistency and/or its properties over-time. should I change the converter oil whilst I have the engine out &, I assume it would be best; if so, I should fill converter to the top and try not to loose any on refitting it ?

So, basically, does any oil transfer from the auto box to the converter while driving and should I change it ?
        Cheers in advance !

BobBob
        Participant

Ok – No One Home. All asleep in the USA ?
          I have found what I needed.
          Good bye ! ! !

college mancollege man

G’day mate

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…