Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • I have a 2011 Chevy Silverado 6.0 2500HD 211,000 miles with several engine codes

I have a 2011 Chevy Silverado 6.0 2500HD 211,000 miles with several engine codes

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here I have a 2011 Chevy Silverado 6.0 2500HD 211,000 miles with several engine codes

• Creator
    Topic
    Patrick GannonPatrick Gannon
    Participant

I have been battling several different engine codes on my Silverado. All are bank 1 multiple engine miss fire, all cylinders (1,3,5,7), O2 heater circuit issues, running rich, stability traction control issue, that cuts power and causes backfires in the intake. I have been trying to fix these codes. I replaced both o2 sensors bank one, which fixed a couple codes, replaced the intake gasket, put on another set of ignition coils and wires from another motor I have sitting around. Tested the voltage to the coils, put a test light on the spark plug wires to make sure they were firing, still won’t fix the P0300 code. The plugs and wires only have 10,000 miles on them. Now I am also getting P0132 high voltage O2 sensor 1 bank 1 and high voltage on O2 2 bank 1. I have a hand held scan tool. I have been checking the STFT and LTFT . I have had -24 readings on STFT and some -30 on LTFT. I have also watched as I drove the truck and the O2 sensor voltage was fluctuating. Tonight I went to check on the voltage to the O2 sensors, to make sure I don’t have a wire issue. I put the key in the on position and as soon as I did that the battery started to drain fast. In 15-20 minutes it dropped down to 8.44 volts. Then I was getting messages to check charging system, Stability traction control, Service trail brake system. I put the battery on a trickle charger and disconnected the negative cable. I checked the voltage before I disconnected the cable (keys were not in the truck) and after. There was almost a full volt difference.

Do I have a fried computer? Thoughts on the P0300 code? I have not checked the injector, only the voltage to them, which was good. I don’t have issues with Bank 2 at all. The catalytic converter on bank 1 is about 20 degrees warmer than bank 2.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

I would first try to resolve the electrical power issue. If your voltage is going low, that can cause all sorts of issues with the sensors and ECM (and other control modules).

You may need wiring diagrams to figure that out.

Good luck!

Patrick GannonPatrick Gannon
        Participant

This is new. I had no voltage issues before I put the key in the on position last night. I don’t daily drive this anymore. I drove it last week and no issues. I was caught off guard by this.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…