Menu

I love easy cars!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Favorite Cars I love easy cars!

• Creator
    Topic
    Jeremy GordonJeremy Gordon
    Participant

I went to go change my spark plugs for the first time today on my 91 Cavalier and bam! There they were! Then I went to go change the oil and what do you know? The oil filter was smack beside the oil pan sticking straight up for ease of removal. I didn’t even have to move the drain pan! Bottom line: It is great going from picky-ass modern cars to something that could almost run on water!

Attachments:
    Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MikeMike
      Participant

Those new plugs probably cost more than what a 25 year old Cavalier is worth.

When it comes to working on easy stuff, you can’t beat a 2 wheel-drive 1/2 ton from the 60s or 70s. There’s enough room under the hood to live there.

Participant

Yeah. I’m not the best at moving my hands in unnatural positions just to get to my oil filter. One of my friends had a Ranger with a filter like that and it seemed impossible to get to without disconnecting a bunch of wires and hoses.

Participant

Also age of a car isn’t the biggest factor for me. More and more I’m starting to see ancient ass cars running like butter. Maybe they are tough or maybe their owners took great care of them but I don’t plan on buying any new cars anytime soon.

Participant

[quote=”Evil-i” post=174820]Those new plugs probably cost more than what a 25 year old Cavalier is worth.

When it comes to working on easy stuff, you can’t beat a 2 wheel-drive 1/2 ton from the 60s or 70s. There’s enough room under the hood to live there.[/quote]

I would also hope those spark plugs didn’t cost me more than the car is worth considering they were $4 a piece at Advance and my cavalier has 72k miles. Hardly a crapalier don’t you think?

MikeMike
              Participant

Nah. The mileage is low because it never stayed running for very long.

Participant

[quote=”Evil-i” post=174924]Nah. The mileage is low because it never stayed running for very long.[/quote]

I love how some people have nothing better to do than bad-mouth other people’s cars on the internet without provocation. If you are truly as old as your bio says you are then I suggest you take some college courses on how to be an adult. Thanks for posting.

MikeMike
                  Participant

It was all meant in fun. Relax.

Life is too precious to get bent out of shape over a Cavalier.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…