Menu

Intermittent P0106 issue

• Creator
    Topic
    GrayfoxGrayfox
    Participant

I am getting this rather annoying CEL that is Intermittent.
      I clear it, it stays off for a week and will come on randomly when driving.
      Sometimes soon after starting or maybe after 15min.

Along with the CEL, The Hill Start Assit Light, ABS Light, TCS light were on with Cruise Control Flashing.
      After shutting the car down and restarting it, the Hill Start Assist Light and ABS lights were off.
      Another thing is Torque was not able to show me my speed but the speedometer was working.

I have checked for any loose vacuum lines and can’t find any
      Not getting any Lean codes so unmetered air doesn’t seem like it is an issue.

The car does have a MAF Sensor but it has been cleaned using MAF sensor cleaner
      This is the code Torque pulled from the car as well as the freeze frame data.
      I do have a dedicated OBD-II scan tool but it gives me the codes P0600.
      Nothing else.
      Cars

My Car is a Subaru Impreza 2011

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

By looking at the code description P0600 The symptoms fit whats going on. The car is going into safe mode. When you turn it off and on
        it resets. Then all is normal until the next time it loses power again. Check power and ground to the ecm. inspect the harness. Low battery
        voltage can also be a factor

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/p0600-obd-ii-trouble-code-serial-communication-link-malfunction-by-spencer-clayton

Billy AndrewsBilly
        Participant

So are you getting a P0106 or not?

GrayfoxGrayfox
          Participant

Torque is just giving me P0106, nothing else.
            The OBD Scan tool is just giving me P0600.
            The two codes it says it is detecting are both P0600, one has #07E8 the other is #07E8bd

Billy AndrewsBilly
            Participant

Have you addressed the MAP sensor?

GrayfoxGrayfox
              Participant

Currently don’t have an easy way to test the Map sensor.

Seen some videos on it where they supply 5v and then start pulling a vacuum on the sensor to test the voltage it gives.

I do have the service manual but I can’t access it due to my PC being dead as the manual uses IE ActiveX to run.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…