Menu

"Is it dead" video clarification

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge "Is it dead" video clarification

• Creator
    Topic
    Joe TovarJoe Tovar
    Participant

The part where you placed the cam gears and crank in time , you said “make sure the crank gear is about 25 degrees off center to be able to put the cam gears in time or else engine damage could or will happen”. My question is off center clockwise or counterclockwise, does it matter? I don’t remember you (ericthecarguy) went over this on the j series timing belt replacement video. I’ve been searching for the right and easiest steps to do my timing belt on my 2000 Acura TL, the answer to this would get me starting on this job, thank you for the videos. I’ve called other Honda/ Acura techs but they either don’t know the answer or say it doesn’t matter.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

I’m not sure what you’re referring to as that is not what I remember saying. You put the engine in time at TDC. Be careful of the rear cam, because it can sometimes move out of position. It’s an easy fix if it does.

Joe TovarJoe Tovar
        Participant

I realized the “is it dead” video included extra steps in the belt install because it snapped instead of replacing. I wanted to say thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge, specifically the j series v6 timing belt video. I am proud to say, with that video I, first time in life, successfully installed a timing belt kit on my TL.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…