Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Is it Worth it? Motorweek’s Pat Goss Recommended Services all use BG products/services

Is it Worth it? Motorweek’s Pat Goss Recommended Services all use BG products/services

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Maintenance Forums Is it Worth it? Motorweek’s Pat Goss Recommended Services all use BG products/services

• Creator
    Topic
    RacerX22RacerX22
    Participant

Hi all,
      I saw Motorweek Pat Goss’s recommended services and all use BG products/services and they are not cheap. Does anyone have an opinion and/or experience with BG products/services; BG Carbon Depletion Service, Transmission Flush, Power Steering Flush, and Engine Oil Flush. If you approve at what mileage interval would you recommend each service.

Appreciate the advice, I love my daily driver I put 25K miles a year commuting and want to keep it in top form; it is a 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS (2.0L DI Turbo, 5 spd, 280 hp, 320 lb-ft torque).

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      pcmdjasonpcmdjason
      Participant

I’m sure they’d recommend you flush your tranny with Johnson’s Baby Oil if they were paid to.

Anonymous

Goss’ Garage is a 5 minute long infomercial. Nothing more, nothing less.

FordaholicFordaholic
          Participant

Quoted From zakmartin:

Goss’ Garage is a 5 minute long infomercial. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nothing gained either

Anonymous

lol, yeah. Pretty much. To be honest, I’m not a big fan of Motor Week. It’s like O’Douls Beer of the car show world.

Shaun_300Shaun_300
              Participant

We sell BG services at work and I must say I’m pretty impressed with most of them. Coolant flush should be done every 5 years with Dexcool and 3 years with the glycol. Transmission service between 40,000 and 60,000 miles depending on the vehicle, this is a great service, unlike the conventional drop the pan and change 1/4 of the fluid in the transmission, the BG flush does it when the vehicle is running, there’s a tank with 2 sections with a bladder in the middle, new fluid is put in the machine and sits on the top portion, 1 hose hooked up to a cooler line, other hose to the radiator where the fluid enters the cooler. As it’s running the oil pump in the transmission pushes the old fluid out into the bottom portion of the tank which pushes the bladder up to put the new fluid sitting on top into the transmission. We run 12 liters through so it changes ALL of the fluid in the transmission, lines and cooler(s). Great service IMO.

The Fuel/air induction service is a pressurized tank with around 25oz of cleaner in it that sprays in the throttle body while the engine is running. Takes about 10 minutes to run through. Cleans all the carbon out everywhere the air goes into the whole engine. After it’s done you rev the engine up and there’s a big cloud of white smoke as it clears everything out. I’ve noticed a noticible difference in power in a lot of cars I’ve done this service to. There’s also 12oz of cleaner that goes in fuel tank to clean the fuel system, injectors etc.

Power steering flush is also done while the engine is running, sucking old fluid out as new fluid is being put in, turning the wheel lock to lock mid way through to get all the old stuff flushed out. We’ve only done a couple of the engine oil flush, that’s the only one I’m skeptical of.

RacerX22 you wouldn’t have to worry about the power steering flush because your car has electric power steering, as well as the transmission flush since it’s done on automatic transmissions and not manuals. It is a good idea to change your transmission fluid at the same intervals as the automatics though.

dennyvudennyvu
                Participant

Our shop uses BG products, such as their trann flush machines, PS flush machines, Brake flush machines, 44k, and air induction services. I only really use 44k, induction services, and RF-7 in my oil. Tranny flush can be avoided if you drain and fill every 10kmiles IMO. and their dot4 brake fluid is what i use in my car but it comes in a 1 quart bottle, so it should ony be used for flushing.

Jason Alexmckrishes
                  Participant

I just use what the manufacturer suggests, especially for the transmission in my honda. and i stick to the intervals provided by them. so far so good. 222,000 and going.

Anonymous

I tried BG Synchroshift MTF on my 03 Eclipse GTS and it wreaked havoc with my shifts. Redline wasn’t much better. I had great success with Amsoil Synthetic MTF though… smooth as butter. Other than the Synchroshift, I haven’t tried any other BG products, so I won’t comment on them. I think each car has its own idiosyncrasies with what fluids you pour into them. Some are terrible if you don’t go with factory fluids, others work great with one type of aftermarket fluid but not another. It varies from car to car.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…