Menu

j30a4 to j37a4 swap honda/acura

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Engine Modifications j30a4 to j37a4 swap honda/acura

• Creator
    Topic
    DJDJ
    Participant

Hello fellow enthusiasts out there! New to the forum! I have a 2004 honda accord. Ex coupe 3.0L.
      Im very fascinated with the “fighter jet like” characteristics and performance of this car and i am curious about things that i could do to make this car a stronger specimen! Ive recently done some intense reserch on larger engines of later honda and acura models. I came across the j37 engine offered in acura’s mdx and some TLs’. I noticed that this engine looks identical to mine and seems to look like it would fit the exact same way. My vision is to do a basic stock swap and have everything work normal as if it was offerd at a dealer. Dont want any crazy tuning or mods and i would like it to remain automatic.

So with that said, if this swap is possible, will that engine bolt to this transmission (BAYA)? If not, which auto tranny(non AWD) from honda/acura is compatible with this engine? What parts besides the ecu will i have to get from the donor car?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…