Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Knock sensor and constant Vtec solenoid and battery light issues

Knock sensor and constant Vtec solenoid and battery light issues

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Knock sensor and constant Vtec solenoid and battery light issues

• Creator
    Topic
    Trestyn EvansTrestyn Evans
    Participant

I got my 06 honda element around 5-6yrs ago with ~308,000 miles on it, currently it has 322,056. I’ve been using high mileage full synthetic oil in it since the first oil change I preformed. For around 3yrs I’ve been having on and off issues with the bettery light and vtec solenoid. The battery light started with the battery going bad and i went through 3 batteries and one alternator. Currently those are working fine with the battery at 12.6 while off and ~14.5 while running but the light is still on. The vtec solenoid has been giving me constant issues since the first time i had to replace it. I replaced the first one with an ordered oem part but it a manufacturer fualt and i got one from a pull-a-part last year. It was working fine until 2 days ago when the knock sensor went bad and the vtec started acting up on my way to work. I’m looking for answer or suggestions if anyone has any idea why the battery light is always on and if the current vtec solenoid problem is related to the knock sensor or if their constant failures are related to something else.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…