Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Latest victim of stolen cat. Xavier Univ. bummer

Latest victim of stolen cat. Xavier Univ. bummer

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Latest victim of stolen cat. Xavier Univ. bummer

• Creator
    Topic
    jon burkartjon burkart
    Participant

So My wife had her 2004 element parked at Xavier last week for a couple of days visiting our daughter. Dead battery and when AAA started the car the look on their faces when it started. So I read a few post on replacements here. I’m in KY so no testing required. Do I do the Amazon special or go for the big bucks unit? New to the site so don’t keyboard me on asking a repeat question please. I’m on several vintage motorcycle groups and I hate generic repair questions as well.
      Jon

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

Lots of things to consider. Since there is no testing where you live, it really depends on what you can put up with. You could end up with a catalyst code with a cheap converter, but if you can live with the check engine light on go for it.

jon burkartjon burkart
        Participant

Rather than a Amazon special $145 I went to Ryan muffler in Florence and also purchased new sensors. They had to weld on a bolt on flange one end. $350 installed and the sensors I bought. 5 guys in the waiting area and 3 of them were in for the same thing. Such a shame.
          Check engine light cleared at muffler shop. Noticed light was back on later that day after wife was driving. Getting codes later today to see what pops up.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…