Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Favorite Cars Least Favorite Cars

• Creator
    Topic
    mkcmkc
    Participant

’70 Chevelle 350 2bbl
      -surging on acceleration
      -left front tire wore out on the outside in less than 5000 miles
      Neither the numerous mechanics nor the GM Engineer that looked at it could fix either problem.

’90 Taurus
      -stalling and rough idle
      -on long road trips after about 2 hours of driving, a damper inside the dash would close and then no more AC until the car cooled down completely
      Numerous mechanics tried and failed to fix these problems
      -AC compressor failure
      -numerous CV joint replacements
      all w/ less than 70,000 miles

Viewing 15 replies - 76 through 90 (of 130 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      HaydenHayden
      Participant

Fords

HaydenHayden
        Participant

Fords

Brandon DriskillBrandon Driskill
          Participant

[quote=”JS” post=100197]

I’ve never ever seen an American built car last longer than 250,000mile. [/quote]
            We had a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 3/4ton here at work with over 330,000 miles on it before an employee bought it. It happens!

Brandon DriskillBrandon Driskill
            Participant

[quote=”JS” post=100197]

I’ve never ever seen an American built car last longer than 250,000mile. [/quote]
              We had a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 3/4ton here at work with over 330,000 miles on it before an employee bought it. It happens!

Gary BrownGary
              Participant

To work on? Volkswagen and any German make hands down.

In general? Hyundais, KIAs, Scions, Smart Cars, Toyota Prius(and all hybrids), Toyota Tundra, Toyota Tacoma, Ford Pinto, AMC Gremlin, AMC Pacer, Teslas, Nissan Titan, Nissan Frontier, Chevy Chevette, Chevy Vega, and anything with a CVT transmission.

Gary BrownGary
                Participant

To work on? Volkswagen and any German make hands down.

In general? Hyundais, KIAs, Scions, Smart Cars, Toyota Prius(and all hybrids), Toyota Tundra, Toyota Tacoma, Ford Pinto, AMC Gremlin, AMC Pacer, Teslas, Nissan Titan, Nissan Frontier, Chevy Chevette, Chevy Vega, and anything with a CVT transmission.

Bryan CastorBryan Castor
                  Participant

My least favored car is definitely the ford taurus. The 3rd gen of taurus looks like a beetle.

Bryan CastorBryan Castor
                    Participant

My least favored car is definitely the ford taurus. The 3rd gen of taurus looks like a beetle.

Joseph PeoplesJoseph Peoples
                      Participant

[quote=”zakmartin” post=14994]Easy. Anything made by GM after 1972. I hate ’em all. I owned a 1979 Chevy Malibu, a 1986 Chevy Spectrum (aka re-badged Isuzu) and a 1995 Saturn SL-1. They were all made by fingerless monkeys on a Friday. Seriously, they got more mileage going up and down on shop lifts than they got going foward or backward. [/quote]

I can almost agree with you. I would stretch it to about 75 or 76 on some GM made products, particularly the Fbodies. Late 60’s to early 70’s were definitely GM’s best looking cars. They have improved some lately though. Anything designed after the Bankruptcy is an improvement. But most Fords and Chrysler corp cars were pretty bad during this time too.

But that original Honda was pretty bad. The one sold thru motorcycle dealers.

Joseph PeoplesJoseph Peoples
                        Participant

[quote=”zakmartin” post=14994]Easy. Anything made by GM after 1972. I hate ’em all. I owned a 1979 Chevy Malibu, a 1986 Chevy Spectrum (aka re-badged Isuzu) and a 1995 Saturn SL-1. They were all made by fingerless monkeys on a Friday. Seriously, they got more mileage going up and down on shop lifts than they got going foward or backward. [/quote]

I can almost agree with you. I would stretch it to about 75 or 76 on some GM made products, particularly the Fbodies. Late 60’s to early 70’s were definitely GM’s best looking cars. They have improved some lately though. Anything designed after the Bankruptcy is an improvement. But most Fords and Chrysler corp cars were pretty bad during this time too.

But that original Honda was pretty bad. The one sold thru motorcycle dealers.

KennedyKennedy
                          Participant

[quote=”TeenageAngst” post=15018]I haven’t really driven lots of cars so my opinion doesn’t hold a lot of weight but if there was one car I consider a blight on the road, one car that if I had my way would be stricken from history, it would be the Dodge Caravan and it’s numerous offspring. There’s really absolutely nothing exceptional about them in any way as far as the ride or driving experience is concerned. They look hideous from every conceivable angle but *particularly* the back. Getting caught in traffic behind one of these bulbous freaks of the automotive world is a comparable experience to being inside of a Vietnamese POW camp. This is exacerbated by the fact that these things are absolutely everywhere so you’re many times seeing multiple Caravans at the same time. Last but certainly not least though are the drivers. I can certainly understand why someone driving a Caravan they paid good money for would want to kill themselves but the driving habits of most Caravan owners seem to indicate they want to take with them as many people as possible. A Caravan, loaded with children, is the most ungracefully driven machine I’ve seen yet. No indicators, ever. Foot to the floor, flying by cars in all lanes regardless of traffic speed. Erratic lane shifts with no real purpose other than to cut someone off for the hell of it. Headlights are optional before 8pm always. They maintain this incredible precision of always being exactly in your blind spot yet completely unaware of their surroundings. I’m convinced a meteor could strike the roadway leaving a mile wide crater and every single Caravan driver would drive top speed right into it. That is unless there was a sign indicating road work ahead in which case they would all crowd into the one open lane to the right of the crater and attempt to hit the workers trying to fill in the hole.[/quote]

*Applauding* that is hitting the nail on the head my brother. but on top of that i dont know if a reliable dodge caravan exists, rather a entire crowd of them. every one i see or hear of needs at least 500$ work done to them mechanically.

KennedyKennedy
                            Participant

[quote=”TeenageAngst” post=15018]I haven’t really driven lots of cars so my opinion doesn’t hold a lot of weight but if there was one car I consider a blight on the road, one car that if I had my way would be stricken from history, it would be the Dodge Caravan and it’s numerous offspring. There’s really absolutely nothing exceptional about them in any way as far as the ride or driving experience is concerned. They look hideous from every conceivable angle but *particularly* the back. Getting caught in traffic behind one of these bulbous freaks of the automotive world is a comparable experience to being inside of a Vietnamese POW camp. This is exacerbated by the fact that these things are absolutely everywhere so you’re many times seeing multiple Caravans at the same time. Last but certainly not least though are the drivers. I can certainly understand why someone driving a Caravan they paid good money for would want to kill themselves but the driving habits of most Caravan owners seem to indicate they want to take with them as many people as possible. A Caravan, loaded with children, is the most ungracefully driven machine I’ve seen yet. No indicators, ever. Foot to the floor, flying by cars in all lanes regardless of traffic speed. Erratic lane shifts with no real purpose other than to cut someone off for the hell of it. Headlights are optional before 8pm always. They maintain this incredible precision of always being exactly in your blind spot yet completely unaware of their surroundings. I’m convinced a meteor could strike the roadway leaving a mile wide crater and every single Caravan driver would drive top speed right into it. That is unless there was a sign indicating road work ahead in which case they would all crowd into the one open lane to the right of the crater and attempt to hit the workers trying to fill in the hole.[/quote]

*Applauding* that is hitting the nail on the head my brother. but on top of that i dont know if a reliable dodge caravan exists, rather a entire crowd of them. every one i see or hear of needs at least 500$ work done to them mechanically.

KennedyKennedy
                              Participant

if you want to see i have pics of the odometer on my crown victoria. 591,000 kms (more than 300k miles) and i drive my car everywhere i go.

KennedyKennedy
                                Participant

if you want to see i have pics of the odometer on my crown victoria. 591,000 kms (more than 300k miles) and i drive my car everywhere i go.

Johnathon BalderasJohnathon Balderas
                                  Participant

Chrysler and Dodge products are junk. Pretty much anything European. Toyota and Chevy for me. Have 297,000 miles on my 1995 Silverado and it just keeps on going.

Viewing 15 replies - 76 through 90 (of 130 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…