Menu

LED conversion ’99 Lincoln

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here LED conversion ’99 Lincoln

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Thomas Weybrew Thomas Weybrew 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Thomas Weybrew
    Thomas Weybrew
    Participant

I am not a professional…I am a DIY senior. I want to convert my ’99 Lincoln Continental from the OEM halogens to LEDs. I previously converted my ’05 Ford van by swapping out the flasher control relay and all LEDs worked perfectly. Since the Lincoln flasher unit is buried under the dash, I am trying to make the conversion using LED load resistors on all lines for the turn signals wires, but, even with resistors installed, I am getting hyper-flash. At first the blinkers worked until the parking lights/headlignts were turned on. Then they went to hyper-flash. I have tried using double resistors, using 6 Ohm and then 8 Ohm resistors, and even adding a resistor diode to the non-flashing wire to my turn signals. I also tried a plug-and-play ready made wiring connector that used a resistor on both the non-blinking and blinking wires. All of these attempts have failed. In fact, now I even have hyper-flash when the parking lights/headlights are not on!

I finally bit the bullet and dismantled the dash and retrieved the flasher relay but I have not been able to find an electronic replacement. So, can anyone diagnose my problem and how best to correct it? Help, please.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading…