Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • looking to pick erics brain 97 honda prelude idle and fan problems

looking to pick erics brain 97 honda prelude idle and fan problems

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here looking to pick erics brain 97 honda prelude idle and fan problems

• Creator
    Topic
    Jesse LongJesse Long
    Participant

I have a 1997 Honda prelude with a cooling fan and idle control problem. i notice that the cooling fans will not kick on at operating temp and also the idle air control motor will not work. Ive tried simply swapping out iacs and diagnosing the wiring. ive traced every pin and all seem to check out ok. I believe the issues are related some how.
      Now one thing that complicates this issue is that the engine is swapped. its a jdm h22 euro spec. running hondata s3000 ecu. all sensors and controllers have been swapped over from the USDM motor.
      I can force the cooling fans to come on using hondata but would like to rely on Hondas temp sensor and relays to handle the cooling fans.
      The idle adjustment tabs in hondata have no effect on the idle air control motor.
      I have had this issue ongoing for more than 3 months now and I have no local shops that have any experience fixing these issues.
      If anyone could help me I am more than thankful and I appreciate any assistance.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…