Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Low idle after rebuild – 98 Acura Integra

Low idle after rebuild – 98 Acura Integra

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Low idle after rebuild – 98 Acura Integra

• Creator
    Topic
    Marc ZbindenMarc Zbinden
    Participant

ETCG videos have been a life saver through this journey. Now looking for some specific advise from folks. I’m struggling to get my son’s 1998 Acura Integra LS to idle right after our rebuild. Idle maxes out around 500-550, despite idle screw adjustment (with IAC wire disconnected). This also makes it hard to get timing right.

No CEL. Not sure where to diagnose next, and don’t want to start randomly swapping out parts if not necessary. Could it be bad IAC valve? Are there other symptoms to indicate that?

BACKGROUND:
      Rebuilding this as my son’s first car. We have torn it completely apart. Had engine machined and bored, but we tore down and rebuilt ourselves. Lots of new parts along the way, but did not replace IAC valve.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Marc ZbindenMarc Zbinden
      Participant

Facepalm moment…problem finally solved. Found in another thread to double check the IACV connection and make sure you didn’t swap with another connector which is identical. And of course that is exactly what I did. Swapped the two and presto…it’s purring like a kitten. Can’t believe it took me so long to identify that.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…