Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Manifold Bolts & Bearing/Hub Assembly

Manifold Bolts & Bearing/Hub Assembly

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Manifold Bolts & Bearing/Hub Assembly

• Creator
    Topic

I got an unintentional project truck (2008 Ford Explorer Sport Track 3V 4.6L V8). One of my projects is broken manifold bolts. I got my drivers’ side manifold off, but 3 of the bolts remain intact. Would you remove them and replace? Of course the other 5 will be replaced since they came out with the nut.

Also changed the drivers side hub assembly. 2×4 everything is great. 4×4, left turns has some unsettling noise and vibration. Did I mess up the CV Axel? Bad hub assembly?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
    Participant

One of my projects is broken manifold bolts. I got my drivers’ side manifold off, but 3 of the bolts remain intact. Would you remove them and replace? Of course the other 5 will be replaced since they came out with the nut.

If you have the tools and the skill, I would.

Also changed the drivers side hub assembly. 2×4 everything is great. 4×4, left turns has some unsettling noise and vibration. Did I mess up the CV Axel? Bad hub assembly?

Both are a possibility, you first have to determine which side of the front end is making the noise.
      Then start narrowing down the cause.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…