Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Manually pulling Honda SRS codes (and interpretation of code 92 or 9-2)

Manually pulling Honda SRS codes (and interpretation of code 92 or 9-2)

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Repair Central-The ‘How To’ Forum Manually pulling Honda SRS codes (and interpretation of code 92 or 9-2)

• Creator
    Topic
    DavidDavid
    Participant

Many scan tools can’t read the codes for the SRS, so if the airbag light is remaining lit, you can’t see why. There are plenty of videos and links that show you how to extract them – basically, you use a jumper (wire, paperclip, etc.) between pins 4 and 9 on the OBD2 connector, then turn the key to the on/II position and the airbag light will flash the code as a series of long and short pulses.

You end up with a two digit code – in my case, it was 9-2 – you go to the service manual, though, and that’s not one of the options – it appears that the two digit code is the first part of the overall code (so in the service manual, while there is no 9-2, there are several 92-xx codes) – in my case, for 92, there is a 92-1x and 92-2x

In my case (for a 2005 honda odyssey) the passenger airbag cutoff indicator (which is integrated into the hazard switch) had a failed solder joint to one of the surface mount resistors (the one with a “151” printed on it) – I reflowed that solder joint (as well as all the other ones) and the part now works properly, the light is off, etc. (I found the cracked joint when I reflowed the other side of the resistor and it popped off the board! resoldered both ends and it’s all better)

the symptoms for me were the passenger airbag “off” indicator wasn’t lighting up, and the airbag light would sometimes come on – when it was on, I could pull the 9-2 code.

Anyway – hope that helps someone!

Here’s a video that shows how to extract the codes (note – for the pin numbers, the lead pins for each row (1 and 9) are printed on the connector – if you do it backwards (pins 16 and 5) you will pop a fuse in the underhood fuse bank for the EFI system, and your car won’t start until you replace it)

Here’s a website with info on how to read the codes
      http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=636707

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…