Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Mechanic Repaired rear Brake Line and now Truck Sputters

Mechanic Repaired rear Brake Line and now Truck Sputters

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Mechanic Repaired rear Brake Line and now Truck Sputters

• Creator
    Topic
    JillJill
    Participant

I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD truck. I took this truck in because I had a leak in the rear driver side Brake Line.

I suspect that the mechanic who repaired my brake line may have messed up something with my fuel system by mistake. The Brake Line – which was leaking between the gas tank and frame, is normally repaired by dropping the fuel tank, but he called me and said it was going to cost $200 more because he was going to have to remove the truck bed to get to the leaky hose. I don’t know if he tried to drop the gas tank first or not prior to removing the truck bed.

After Brake Line repaired, I left the shop and drove approx. 6 miles when suddenly, the truck felt like it wasn’t getting any more gas. It sputtered and chug-chug-chugged as I desperately pumped the gas pedal trying to keep it going. Within seconds I was broke down in the middle of the road. I JUST left his shop. Mechanic says he never touched any Fuel Lines and didn’t disconnect anything having to do with the Fuel system, but I find this hard to believe.

My Fuel pump is under the truck bed and maybe he crimped or pinched something when he was putting truck bed back on, or when he tried to drop the gas tank or maybe he crimped something while working on the Brake Line which ran down the side of the gas tank. Or maybe he accidentally unplugged something that controls the Fuel system. All I know is, my truck had NO issues with Fuel system prior to the Brake work that was done … and 6 miles after leaving the mechanic – I’m broke down. Any thoughts on what might have happened?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

No way to prove anything out that would be admitted. Two choices. take back to the shop to see what the issue is for the poor
        running or take it to another shop for the poor running. any codes or engine light? Unless you and some buddy’s want to pull
        the bed to have a look.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…