Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Misfire weirdness with my 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid V6

Misfire weirdness with my 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid V6

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Misfire weirdness with my 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid V6

• Creator
    Topic
    ColtonColton
    Participant

Alright guys, this has been a real head scratcher for me, especially being pretty new at this. This is my first post here BTW. Some quick details about my car, its a 2006 V6 Hybrid Accord, with 86k miles on it.

About four weeks ago, my check engine light came on, and when I went to have the codes read, multiple cylinders (pretty much all) were misfiring, as well as a random misfire. I bought new plugs from the Honda dealer itself, as well as an OBD2 reader.

I changed my plugs, tested the ignition coils, which all appeared to be good, and the engine light went off. I appeared to be in the clear. I cleared the codes, and would re scan every few days. Some days nothing came up, and other days, it would report misfires, without the check engine light coming back on. I was thinking it could possibly be bad fuel, because I had used a different gas station when this all started, and come to find ou,t that location has been known to have crappy gas. (quick side note, I’ve always put 87 octane like my manual recommend.)

Fast forward to the three days ago, I had the timing belt and water pump replaced, by my mechanic who I trust 100%. Well earlier today, the CL light came back on, and now my car is reporting all sorts of misfires again. I have yet to check the PVC Valve, EGR Valve, or Fuel Injectors. My car itself appears to be running completely fine throughout all of this. The engine doesn’t shake, its idling at the appropriate RPMS, and it drives great. I really don’t think my mechanic has anything to do with it, but is there anything else I’m missing here?

I love this car to absolute death, and am worried sick I could possibly be damaging it. Luckily for me, I can walk to work, and will only miss the gym a couple times. I really want to try and figure this out on my own, and I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this. Let me know if I need to provide any more information.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Steve KleinSteve Klein
      Participant

What codes are you getting? You are saying that you don’t feel the engine running poorly but you are getting misfire codes? Is that correct?

ColtonColton
        Participant

Yes Sir, getting codes from P0300 to P03006. My CL light has shut off again aswell.

Steve KleinSteve Klein
          Participant

Since you appear to be getting codes for most all the cylinders, I dont think it will be ignition related. I would look at the fuel system. Check the fuel pressure regulator for idle PSI and WOT PSI. If you havent done it, run some seafoam or equivalent fuel system cleaner through it.

Terry BridgesTerry Bridges
            Participant

Did you ever discover what the issue was?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…