Menu

My first car

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Favorite Cars My first car

• Creator
    Topic
    Rob megeeRob megee
    Participant

My first car was a Sunbeam Alpine. It had no: paint, exhaust, brakes, clutch cylinder or rag top. i am still looking for one to restore. It was a lot of fun.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MichaelMichael
      Participant

Hi my first car was a Peugeot 308 1994, heater didn’t work and acceleration was terrible, I’m from uk so I’ve only ever seen pics of your car.

JosephJoseph
        Participant

My first car was a 1970 Ford Fairlane 500. This came with a 351C (Cleveland) engine and I really worked hard on that car to keep it going. Unfortunately, My FF had a serious rust problem and the back leaf springs where broke all the way thru and just the U bolts holding them in place. When I accelerated I had to hold on to the steering wheel because the two front bolts that held the seat down where rusted thru (lol). I bought the car for 425.00 bucks from a farmer in my home town. I see old tv shows now and again that show one running down the road and it brings back fond memories of my old highschool days 🙂

Wish I still had that engine!

MichaelMichael
          Participant

For some reason when I was at a legal age to drive I didn’t bother to learn , I waited 10 years before I showed an interest in cars or driving , that means I missed out on the good old classics like you describe , shame on me .

Brandon DriskillBrandon Driskill
            Participant

1974 Plymouth Duster. It was a hand me down from my mother. My dad and I replaced the 318cid with a 360cid small block and fitted it with an aftermarket cam, headers, aluminum intake, & Holley carb. I also rebuilt the front suspension with polygraphite bushings and added a front sway bar. I sold it for a 1972 Dodge Challenger, but now 25 years later, I would love to own a Duster again.

MichaelMichael
              Participant

Do you still own the American Idol that is the Dodge charger. What are they actually like to drive.

Brandon DriskillBrandon Driskill
                Participant

[quote=”Davison” post=113090]Do you still own the American Idol that is the Dodge charger. What are they actually like to drive.[/quote]If you are referring to me, I did not own a Charger. I owned a Challenger, but I sold it back in 1994 or 1995.

MichaelMichael
                  Participant

Hi,

Sorry I read it wrong, my eyes got to the word dodge and my brain took over with images of the charger, d’oh. I do apologise.

Bryan CastorBryan Castor
                    Participant

My first car is the 8th gen Honda Civic. Might’ve tinkered with it a bit or you can say ‘modified’ it to my preference. Hey, it’s my own car. Haha! 👿

Thanks,
                      Steel Tube Philippines

trussell beamtrussell beam
                      Participant

1995 honda accord ex, its actually the car im leaning up on in my pic. it ran like a dream and it being my first love, i did what everyone would do. i dogged the hell out of her… fun times :woohoo:

KennedyKennedy
                        Participant

i am driving my first car right now. 1992 ford crown victoria. interesting to maintain but not hard to drive. her name is vicky and shes a cruising machine lol.

FrankFrank
                          Participant

My first car was a 1964 Thunderbird

Attachments:
                          Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Loading…