Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • My Peugeot 106 1.0L from 95 won't start after head gasket replacement(it cranks)

My Peugeot 106 1.0L from 95 won't start after head gasket replacement(it cranks)

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge My Peugeot 106 1.0L from 95 won't start after head gasket replacement(it cranks)

• Creator
    Topic
    Paulo RibeiroPaulo Ribeiro
    Participant

Hello all,

A week ago I noticed one of the cylinders was down in compression and before it got worse I decided to change the head gasket to see if it would bump the compression up. A week later the job is done but the car won’t start. At this point I can’t figure it out. Some of the possible causes;

– Fuel not getting there: I can cleary the fuel being pumped by the carburetor to the intake manifold. When I remove a spark plug sometimes and can see some smoke also so I suppose the fuel is getting there;

– Air not getting there: I think this isnt even a problem, the system is so simple I’m sure it has air enough;

– Damaged spark plugs: I changed them weeks before this and I can clearly see the spark in all 4 of them when testing them;

– Head gasket poorly replaced: I have check the compression on all cylinders and they are all very close to 120 psi, so I think the replacement was successful (I know I should just checked this with the engine hot and after a few kilometers but the car wont start);

– Timing belt out of time: I’m confident that it is on time, when doing the job I blocked the flywheel. When double checking after not starting both the flywheel and cam shaft are in the right positions. For this car model, from what I read, it has to align the flywheel hole and the cam shaft hole.

At this point I’m out of ideas. I’m confident that I plugged all the eletrical wire back too, if not which cables can stop me from starting the car? I read something about the crank shaft sensor but I think this model doesnt even has one.

I hope that someone can help me with this as it is my only car and I need it for work.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Paulo RibeiroPaulo Ribeiro
      Participant

Let me add that before this I never had problem about the car not starting. And I have fuel in the tank 🙂

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…