Menu

Name the mystery part HELP!!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Name the mystery part HELP!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Tommy HaralsonTommy Haralson
    Participant

I spent quite a while at my local car parts store and 12 different people could not figure out the name of this part.. HELP!!! One of the lines coming out of it is broke and I need a name to find one to order, it has no part numbers on it! It comes off of a 93 Oldsmobile cutlass ciera it has a regulator hose coming out of it and some other stuff that I know nothing about. This is the car I’m learning on and it is my daily driver. Just hit 77k miles Thanks in advance!!!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

you might find the part call out in a repair manual.
        In the mean time you try to repair it by using JB Weld and gluing the nipple back in place.

Tommy HaralsonTommy Haralson
        Participant

I used some liquid gasket it has a screw that goes through the middle of it. It turns out that the nipple that is broken is broken the one of the hoses goes inside of it which makes me wonder if this is even a part made for the car? I assume it is because it has a spot to fit in just right but was there more too it at one point in time? When would you suggest replacing fuel injectors or anything else that may need it? The car sat for quite a few years before my cousin acquired it five years ago and he didn’t replace much

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
          Participant

That part does appear on the 3300 engine in different configurations.

If the vehicle has been sitting for that long, you’ll have your work cut out for you.
            Starting with the basics… plugs, wires, fluids, coolant flush, fuel filter etc.
            As to injectors.. you only replace them if they are leaking or stop functioning.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…