Menu

Navigation screen won’t turn on!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Car Audio Navigation screen won’t turn on!

• Creator
    Topic
    PatrickPatrick
    Participant

I have a 2010 Honda Accord Coupe EXL Navi. Here is the story:

I bought the car a few weeks ago and it didn’t physically have the screen in it. The previous owner told me the screen was defective and was causing battery drain so he took it out.
      Since the car was out of warranty he didn’t want to pay Honda to put a new screen in it. I was planning on putting an aftermarket sound system any way and so with the money I saved off the price of the car I didn’t think anything of it.

Anyways, I thought in the meantime I could get a used screen from a wrecker until I put a system together. I turned the car off and plugged it in to test it before I took apart the dash. I turned the key to the on position and the screen didn’t come on. So now never mind the screen not working, now the lcd display for the hvac temp won’t come on, the radio lights won’t come on, the radio itself won’t even turn on. On top of this, my brake lights won’t come on anymore AND if the car is off, the lock/unlock won’t work. If the car is on, then lock/unlock works.

So now I am wondering what did I do? I think my big mistake was that I didn’t disconnect the battery and I blew some fuses or something.

Before I take a peek at the fuse box or take it to a mechanic, is there something else I should be looking for? has anyone seen this problem before?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…