Menu

Nissan Navara (Frontier)

• Creator
    Topic
    PaulPaul
    Participant

G’day from Downunder.
      I have a Nissan Navara 4×4, better known to you Yanks as a Nissan Frontier. Mine is a 2013 model and runs the YTD25di turbo diesel engine.
      Despite the manual stating engine oil and filter change every 10’000 km I like to do this every 5000 km. The location of the filter on these engines is nuts, it sits toward the back on the drive side, hidden under the brake booster, to reach it is a real bitch!.
      So, I have a question; on this engine the oil filter is mounted upside down, when the sump is drained the filter is drained also….with this in mind what would you think of me changing the engine oil at 5000 km but not the filter?….I’d change the filter and oil again at 10’000 KM.

Regards,
      Paul
      Queensland
      Australia.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

“Ow ya goin mate”, I think the way you want to do the oil interval should be fine. Nissan recommends 15,000 km
        (9,000k) Oil and filter Your way under that.

PaulPaul
        Participant

Thanks …um mate….that sorta didn’t answer my question….can you read my posting again?, mate.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
          Participant

JMHO ….
            Oil and filter are both relatively inexpensive compared to the cost of a replacement engine.
            IMHO ….. change both.
            If the filter location is the issue.
            Might suggest you research ( if available ) a oil filter relocation kit for your specific vehicle.

PaulPaul
            Participant

Thanks mate…I hadn’t considered relocating the filter and didn’t even know kits existed..on eBay $39…I will defenitly look into that.
              Have a Merry Xmas.
              Paul.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
              Participant

Best of luck & Happy Holidays

college mancollege man

[quote=”Greig” post=204065]Thanks …um mate….that sorta didn’t answer my question….can you read my posting again?, mate.[/quote]

I read my post again mate, It didn’t make sense to me? (my bad) What I meant to say was your Idea of changing just the
                  oil at 5000km and doing the oil and filter at 10,000km should be fine.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…