Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Nissan sentra/ nissan engine life expectancy

Nissan sentra/ nissan engine life expectancy

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Nissan sentra/ nissan engine life expectancy

• Creator
    Topic
    NikhilNikhil
    Participant

Can anyone tell me life expectancy in miles for nissan sentra or any other nissan in general? If you drive a nissan, whats your odometer reading?
      A. 50K-100K
      B. 100K-150K
      C. 150K-200K
      D. More than 200K

Now, I know that this question doesn’t have an exact answer. It depends on how well you take care of it. If I get a range of the life in miles, it will help me to buy a used car. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thank you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Steven CummingsSteven Cummings
      Participant

You are exactly correct that it depends on how it was taken care of. It also depends on the year of the vehicle. Pretty much any vehicle made in the past 15 years should easily hit 200K miles while following the service manual as far as the engine is concerned.

I had 195,000 miles on my 97 Villager (same as the Nissan Quest). IMO Nissan makes some pretty good engines, even if they are near impossible to work on.

Evidence coming from forums will be anecdotal for engines breaking down or lasting forever. If you’re buying a used car, buy one with as much paperwork available as possible and if you’re unsure, pay the small fee to have a local mechanic check it out.

college mancollege man

2004 Altima 123,000 and still going strong. 200k+ is not
          unusual. 🙂

Bruce GallespieBruce Gallespie
          Participant

1996 Nissan Sentra

270,000 miles and still going. Doesn’t leak or burn oil. Least problems of any car I’ve ever owned.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…