Menu

No accelerator response

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Jeri GJeri Green
    Participant

Hello. I have a 2007 Toyota Highlander sport – AWD, around 250k miles. I had my Highlander sitting a while because it needs bushings that have been hard to find. I was starting it occasionally & did have to jump it a couple of times (old battery, but now replaced). I started it the one day and the idle was really low. Check engine light & VSC were on. Got the idle up and tried to move it, but no response from accelerator. No reversed polarity & all fuses are good. It’s showing 2 codes – P2118 & P2138. Everything I have read has been from reverse polarity & a blown ECTS fuse, but not the case with mine. Not sure what else to try. It was working fine a few days before this.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

You need to do a bit more research
        When is the code detected? The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the battery supply voltage applied to the electronic throttle actuator. When the power supply voltage drops below the threshold, the ECM concludes that the power supply circuit has an open circuit. A DTC is set and the MIL is turned on.
        Considering you state you had a low / dead battery and needed to jump it the following falls in place.
        Possible causes for P2118 2007 Toyota
        Faulty Throttle Actuator Control Actuator
        Battery
        Electronic Throttle Control System (ETCS) harness is open or shorted
        Electronic Throttle Control System (ETCS) circuit poor electrical connection
        ETCS fuse ECM

P2138 TOYOTA Possible Causes What does this mean?
        Faulty Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor
        Accelerator Pedal Position (APP)
        Sensor harness is open or shorted
        Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
        Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…