Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • No heat at idle with new heater core

No heat at idle with new heater core

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here No heat at idle with new heater core

• Creator
    Topic
    Shivraj DhannaShivraj Dhanna
    Participant

my 2002 nissan quest heat hasn’t been working properly for a while it only get hot when driving. at idle it gets back cold.. after i took it to the mechanic for a misfire problem. i told them about the no heat problem. so they flushed the heater core, changed the thermostat and water pump. after all that it was the same thing so they told be the heater core is clogged and has to be changed but after hearing the quote i decided to take the job on myself. i changed out the heater core and the problem is still there. could it be another bad thermostat ?. please help

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Assuming you have a 3.3L.
        What your describing sounds like air entrapment with in the cooling system.
        Now if the system has been properly bleed and this is still occurring you may have a different issue.
        Are you seeing any coolant loss over time?
        Have you tested for a possible head gasket problem ( combustion gas test ) ?
        Have you checked the radiator cap ?

Shivraj DhannaShivraj Dhanna
        Participant

It probably does have air trapped how can I get that out?

Yes I do notice some Coolant loss over time.

I have not done a combustion gas test.

I haven’t checked the radiator cap but I’ve never seen any leaks from it if that’s what you mean

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
          Participant

It probably does have air trapped how can I get that out?
            In general:

Yes I do notice some Coolant loss over time.
            Is there a visible signs (puddles) or it just mysteriously disappears?

I have not done a combustion gas test.
            Well that will depend on the answer above

I haven’t checked the radiator cap but I’ve never seen any leaks from it if that’s what you mean
            I meant is the seal in good shape and does the relief spring function.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…