Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Not getting full battery voltage to starter signal cable

Not getting full battery voltage to starter signal cable

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Not getting full battery voltage to starter signal cable

• Creator
    Topic
    Matt BazzoliMatt Bazzoli
    Participant

I’m working on a 2007 Toyota Tundra 4.7L V8.
      I have the intake off and everything else that is involved in getting at the starter. Test leads hooked up to signal cable and proven good ground. Battery has 12.68V but when ignition is in crank position only 10.54V is reaching signal cable… Relay is good and Park/Neutral safety switch seems to be functioning (Not tested with a multimeter) any ideas? All help is appreciated!!!!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Matt BazzoliMatt Bazzoli.
    Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Tim KramerTim Kramer
      Participant

I’ve only come across this once and the culprit was in fact the neutral safety switch so I’d honestly would say try testing that and seeing if that is the same case

Matt BazzoliMatt Bazzoli
        Participant

Grabbing a new neutral safety switch when it gets into the local parts store. Also the gauge only reads the lower voltage. Can the neutral safety switch cause that as well? I bit off a little more than I can chew on this one…

Matt BazzoliMatt Bazzoli
          Participant

Well wasn’t the neutral safety switch. New one read same exact voltage as old one… Anyone else got an idea? Bueller?…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…