Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Odd sound from possibly the torque converter

Odd sound from possibly the torque converter

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Odd sound from possibly the torque converter

• Creator
    Topic
    Donivan RedwoodDonivan Redwood
    Participant

Hello: I have a 1970 El Camino, it has a turbo 350 automatic transmission. Lately, upon engaging the trans into drive, and at beginning the acceleration of vehicle, I hear an odd “sound like the fan blades on the engine are lightly striking the radiator”. upon inspection, there are no striking marks on the radiator, but, I replaced the fan clutch anyway. Under light footed slow acceleration, there are no unlikely noises coming from under the car, the transmission shifts just fine and is smooth in it’s operation. At any time, if I press upon the accelorator to increase speed suddenly, I hear that same sound, as if a wire coat hanger is hung up underneath around the drive shaft, but upon inspection, nothing is there. Could this be a sign that the inner clutch of the transmission is failing? or something else? you can reply here or to my email mobilemover@gmail.com thanks, Donivan

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…