Menu

P0744 TCC solenoid intermittent

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here P0744 TCC solenoid intermittent

• Creator
    Topic
    David FieldsDavid Fields
    Participant

Hello.

2001 Nissan Maxima
      204k miles

CEL keeps on going on with this code P0744.
      Background:
      Car was shifting very bad and almost impossible to drive Then the CEL went off with P0744. The ATF was very dirty. Also few years prior the car had over heated briefly. Thought I had saved it. (Bad thermostat)

What I have done is drain a
      Atf and put in Lucus and Valvoline synthetic ATF. And it was a lot better immediately. But still not like it should. I also cleared the CEL code at this time
      The atf that came out was black/brown, no metallic tint or metal shavings and did NOT smell burned or bad.

It came back in 72 miles. But drove better, continued to drive and at 330 miles after it was even better
      600 miles much better
      900 miles about back to normal.
      I then cleared the CEL and car was driven and felt good. But the. About 2 weeks later CEL came back with P0744.

I was hoping that it was a stuck solenoid or dirty fluid that a ATF service and Lucus might help. And iso far it has helped tremendously.

Question
      Should I drain / fill ATF again and add Lucus to get more of the old fluid out. I looked at it and looked dark again with a red tint.
      Only looking to keep car for a few more years

Below link is to a video I took of the freeze frame when the CEL came back last

Thank you in advance.

Ps
      this car is now my sons first car and has been one thing after another since I have given to him
      And did all work myself. To save $$
      Replaced
      Battery
      Plugs
      1 coil
      Break light switch
      Speed sensor (part free under warranty)
      ATF service

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      David FieldsDavid Fields
      Participant

update : I went ahead and did another ATF drain and fill. the ATF was black already but with a red tint. added lucus and used Valvoline Synthetic ATF again. It was shifting better after that, but still the CEL comes up P0744. last time it went of was at 51mph my guess was in D4 trying to do a Lockup.
        do I need to replace the Solenoid(s) Nissan part 31940-80X25 are the Solenoids failing? Transmission jatco RE4F04A

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by David FieldsDavid Fields. Reason: submited too soon
        Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
        Participant

Your dealing with:
          A vehicle with 204,000 miles.
          Had extremely dirty ATF
          After 2 flushes it still throwing a code.
          One of the most common reasons for this code is debris obstructing the flow of transmission fluid throughout the transmission valve body.
          It may also be that the internal pump might be going bad.
          Being this is not occurring at first drive would lead me to discount a wiring issue.
          But could still be a solenoid or torque converter issue
          Futher diagnotics would be required before part swapping begins.

David FieldsDavid Fields
          Participant

Thank you for your comments. My toughs are along the same thoughts.

David FieldsDavid Fields
            Participant

update : some good news, after thinking about it some more. I highly suspected that I had a sticking solenoid(s) or valve(s) on the valve body so I decide to give SeaFoam Trans Tune a try. I am going to do a 3rd ATF drain and fill to complete the flush so I thought to put this Seafoam trans tune in to help clean things out. I verified it was ok to put in Seafoam TT in a while it still had Lucus in the fluid. after adding the Seafoam TT, it was immediately a lot better. just have to drive about 1000 miles with the Seafoam TT in the ATF fluid. before doing another Drain and Fill.
              Also monitor if the P0744 CEL comes back as well. Here is a little vid i put together on it.

Second ATF Drain and Fill, this was apx 3k-4k miles after the initial Drain and Fill

Adding Seafoam TransTune, with some driving results right after adding Seafoam Trans Tune. showing the shifting.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
              Participant

Best of luck
                Keep us posted

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…