Menu

pressing gas to start car

• Creator
    Topic
    Milad GabroMilad Gabro
    Participant

Hello
      I have 2017 Hyundai Elantra SE. I have to press on gas and crank the car to have it started. then it works fine. First time in morning I start the car it starts without having to press on gas but the rpm will go on 1500. when I press on gas it goes below 1000 rpm(around 700rpm) and the car drives fine. When I shut off the car and try to start it again, it won’t start until I press on gas while cranking it. I shut off and start the car many times daily as I work for food delivery. It’s becoming annoying. I took it to couple of mechanics which weren’t able to figure where the problem was. I changed the spark plugs, fuel pump without luck. The mechanic checked the throttle body and said it was pretty clean and working fine. The car isn’t throwing any codes. Any ideas guys?
      Thank you

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

I believe that engine uses an electronic throttle. Meaning there is no adjustment. It also means that if you clean it it can have issues. Have you or someone else tried to clean it in the past? If so, this may be the source of the problem. Most cable-less throttle systems have a set up or reset procedure to put them in the proper “start” position if they become out of range.

This is difficult to confirm without being able to monitor the throttle with a scan tool. You would also need to know what you’re looking at on the scan tool to verify its operation. This information is often found in the factory service manual.

I often purchase factory service manuals for my vehicles for things just like this. I usually get them off eBay in physical, or often digital form. They are a great source of repair information for any vehicle. You might consider it. It may shed some light on the issue and keep you from replacing parts and hoping for a fix.

Good hunting and please keep us posted.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…