Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Rear shock, transmission and turning engine off question

Rear shock, transmission and turning engine off question

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Rear shock, transmission and turning engine off question

• Creator
    Topic
    Slava ASlava A
    Participant

Hey Eric, been watching your YouTube car repair videos for sometime. I have seen that you work on many Honda/Acura vehicles and have few questions for you.
      1) Rear shocks: There is a thumping noise coming from right rear of my 2010 Acura RL when I go over uneven or patched roads. It isn’t too bad, but it is just there/mild annoyance. I though that the issue could be rear shock and/or upper shock mount. Is there a way for me to diagnose and purchase parts before I disassemble rear seat?

Another question for rear shocks: In case I need to replace the shocks, do I have to replace upper mount, washers, dust covers or shocks only is good enough?

2) Auto Transmission: When vehicle is cold and I change gear shifter from P to D or N to D, it takes around 1 sec or less for the car to go into D, which is good. When car is warm or driven on the highway, doing the above, might take more than 1 sec, but less than 2. Putting car into R, happens within 1 sec regardless if cold/warm. ATF is as clean as it can be and level is good too. I was thinking as ATF heats up, it gets a bit thin and may have slightly less pressure than when it is cold. I also don’t know if vehicle has Acura ATF-Z1(discontinued) or DW-1 fluid

3) When shutting off the car: When I turn off the car (In P or N), I hear a mild metal clunk, as if torque converter or something disengages. This is the only time I can hear that noise under the car. Don’t know if Honda/Acura vehicles do that. I tried to capture video of that, but inside the car camera didn’t pick up the sound except me turning car off.

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Slava ASlava A. Reason: Spelling
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…