Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Rear tire on 2007 Mazda CX-7 creaks once per rotation

Rear tire on 2007 Mazda CX-7 creaks once per rotation

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Rear tire on 2007 Mazda CX-7 creaks once per rotation

• Creator
    Topic
    John LauriaJohn Lauria
    Participant

I inherited a 2007 Mazda CX-7 from my family in good condition. About a week ago due to low tire pressure, I lost control of the car on the LIE taking a turn and ended up rolling over a bumpy highway divider, spinning the car, and blew out both of my back tires.

I rode the car on the flat tires about 1500-2000 feet to the highway exit where there was luckily a Mavis discount tire, and they replaced both the tires.

Everything seems to work perfectly, except for a loud creaking/clicking noise coming from the rear left tire about once per rotation. It seems to be mostly when the car turns to the right. I don’t know much about cars, but I don’t think its a CV joint since its a FWD car and correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t these only in the front?
      What else could this clicking noise be? Could the wheel be damaged, or could it be the rotor/brakes?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Ahh the wonderful Long Island Expressway….
        With out doing a inspection on any possible damage.
        Providing you had both tires spun balance, that would eliminate a bent wheel.
        Other possible causes:
        Bent dust shield
        Damaged wheel bearing
        Damaged brake pad(s)
        Damaged rotor or caliper
        Damaged shock or strut
        Damaged ABS sensor (if so equipped)

I would suggest jacking up the offending tire and see if you can replicate the noise by spinning the tire by hand and try to pin point the source.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…