Menu

Recharge Air Conditioning

• Creator
    Topic
    Vlad2Vlad2
    Participant

So I finally have my 2006 Subaru Forester X Air Conditioning fixed. Found out it was a leak in the pipe that goes through the firewall. I purchased that and finally installed it. Still wouldn’t hold vac. So I finally put in more dye and a little R134. Well, I heard it whistling out… of the new evaporator that I bought years ago. (this car sat on stands for 3 years). So I get new hoses and go to a junk yard and pull out the expensive hose and the evaporator and expansion valve from a donor. Toss in a new condensor for giggles and it finally holds vac.

So, seeing I pulled all the parts or put in new except for the compress. I know it holds about 7 oz of oil total. See all these part are replaced, should I put in about 4 or 5 oz of oil and call it a day as the compress should have at least 2 in it? Or should I have my buddy that is inspecting it use his fancy machine (but also cost me a lot more that the oil I already have and the 2 cans of R134 I already have). Just wanted some input on this.. Thanks..

BTW, This site has really changed, don’t know what I feel about it.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Considering the time and effort invested up to this point.
        I would go the extra mile and have it done professionally.
        Yes it may cost a bit more, but that will eliminate a possible system failure due to an error in refilling the system with oil and refrigerant.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…