Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Replacing Ford Expedition 2007 Engine

Replacing Ford Expedition 2007 Engine

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Replacing Ford Expedition 2007 Engine

• Creator
    Topic
    pwi23270 .pwi23270 .
    Participant

Hi everyone,
      I have totaly no knowledge in car mechanics.
      I bought Ford Expedition 2007 many years ago and now told the engine is dying and have to be replaced soon. I was thinking to replace the current engine with more modern one (like Ford Expedition 2015) but I have the following questions:
      Q1- Should I replace the engine with another modern Ford Expedition engine or should I look for other company like Chevrolet, GMC, Toyota … etc ?
      Q2- In case it’s better to replace it with Ford Expedition engine, could you specify what is the best model (2015 or 2017 for example)?
      Q3- In case it’s better to replace it with another company engine Chevrolet, GMC, Toyota … etc, could you specify the brand and the year (Tahoe 2015, Yukon 2017)?
      Q4- What other things I should change with the proposed engine like gearbox or any mechanical/electrical components ?
      Q5- Could this process be as cheap as possible?

Thank you all

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Unless you want to do a bunch of rewiring and replace the computer you should replace the engine with exactly what is in there now. As for cheap, you might sell the vehicle after reading this but I believe the body has to come off of the frame to replace the engine on that vehicle. It’s extremely labor intensive and most people sell when the encounter this issue.

Please keep us updated.

mon herrymon herry
        Participant

“I had the 2000 Expedition because of a previous water pump problem. My 2000 with 235,000 miles has a problem. When the rear suspension disintegrated, I put the sealer to the motor and let it run for another 15,000 miles before junking it.
          The repair isn’t a big deal, but if you want to do it correctly, you’ll have to change a lot of other things “”while you’re at it”” and spend a lot of money. Installing a rebuilt engine is definitely preferable if labor is paid for. You should spend roughly $2000 on other new items while it is apart if you decide to do it yourself.Yes, you can easily disassemble it and replace the gasket for a low cost. For the gasket Details you can check VIN number in this https://bmw-vin-decoder.com/ site. But it takes a lot of effort. Hoses, exhaust manifold, and other components will all be damaged. You’ll then regret not taking more action while the engine was disassembled. Very difficult decisions for a truck that is 20 years old and no longer usable.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…