Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Rhythmic thumping among other issues 2004 Nissan Navara

Rhythmic thumping among other issues 2004 Nissan Navara

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Rhythmic thumping among other issues 2004 Nissan Navara

• Creator
    Topic
    Zach BroZach Bro
    Participant

Hey guys

So i have a 3L nissan navara 2004 and recently it started making a rhythmic thumping sound at sort of 30+ kms/hr, it sounded almost identical to a train chugging along slowly.

I thought it could be my exhaust loose banging on the car but its definitely not. Now i have only been driving it slowly and so it doesn’t make the noise at low speeds but every now and then it feels as though the car drops down the front left, this isnt rhythmic like the sound, it happens mainly at very slow speeds and at random intervals.

I cant jack it up it has a lift and so i need a big jack to do that and so cannot check the tyres but i dont think it could be as the thumping doesn’t get faster or slower its always at same speed and same volume.

Also i havent noticed any change when turning, if anything it seems to only happen when going straight and i think it is worse when im slowing down to a stop.

Im going to check the lug nuts to see if theyre loose as this happened before but that was almost a year ago now and i feel if it was lug nuts it would have been worse by now.

Also the brake pedal feels ineffective at the top, then once it is pushed down a little way it engages so it could be my brakes but idk if that is a seperate problem.

Thankyou for taking time to listen and I hope someone can help me figure it out, i tried to provide as much info and if you have any questions ill be happy to answer.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…