Menu

Rocker arm assembly

• Creator
    Topic
    VincentVincent
    Participant

Hi all, I have a 98 Accord LX coupe VTEC engine and have an oil leak in cyl 2. So I watched Eric’s video on how to do this, but I have the newer style engine with tubes. I figured that I’ll try it anyway. So I removed the rocker arm assembly only to find no seals under this assembly…grrr
      Well somewhere along the lines of rotating this assembly back over, some pins and springs came loose and I cannot for the life of me find anything anywhere on the net that matches my issue. The Haynes manual shows some good info, but if I had all the parts, I may be able to put this raa back together. I don”t want to mess with too much as I need to put it into the engine the way it came out without messing up the timing.
      Can someone, who has experience with this RAA please help me? Where the pins and springs go, I believe are on the exhaust side. Flipped over, it’s on the back side. I need to get my car back together, but for now, it’s apart.
      I’m assuming the leak must be coming from the piston rings as I’ve had all the valve cover and tube seals replaced and no dice! I am frustrated beyond all getout. Please can someone help me with the pins and springs. I’ll go to the junkyard and pull springs and pins if need be, but I don’t want to put a half-ass RAA back into my car

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      VincentVincent
      Participant

Ok so I figured out the installation sequence, but need parts, so junkyard it is. I’m missing some large and small cylindrical tubes and some springs. One question I have.
        After putting everything back together there’s a good chance it will be out of alignment/timing. Can I put the engine at TDC before reinstalling everything, or will that make it worse?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…