Hello. I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey EX. When I am driving down the road and I can hear a soft rubbing noise that sounds like it is coming from the front of the car. The noise is constant and occurs at variable speeds. It does not sound like grinding. The noise goes away when I start pressing on the brakes. There is no pulsation with regular braking, but there is pulsation when braking harder at higher speeds. I have:
1. Inspected the brake pads and appear in good condition.
2. Inspected the rotors. I don’t notice any pits or grooves. I can’t tell if they are warped.
Here is some history of the vehicle.
1. Cap, modulator replaced at 33k miles (due to recall)
2. pcm updated due to judder, all brake pads installed and all rotors machined at 50k miles
3. Master cylinder kit installed and o-ring replaced at 61k miles (due to recall)
4. All rotors machined again at 69k miles due to brake pulsation (pads not replaced)
I just recently bought the vehicle with 96k miles. It currently has 99k miles and this problem just started a few days ago. The vehicle was inspected by the previous owner at 90k miles, and at that time, the front brake pads were at 6mm and the rear brake pads were at 5mm.
Where do I need to go from here? Thanks for your help.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.