Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Seafoam Hyrdra TransTune, your thought? freeing up a Sticking TCC Solenoid

Seafoam Hyrdra TransTune, your thought? freeing up a Sticking TCC Solenoid

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Seafoam Hyrdra TransTune, your thought? freeing up a Sticking TCC Solenoid

• Creator
    Topic
    David FieldsDavid Fields
    Participant

Seafoam Hyrdra TransTune, your thought?
      I have a 2001 Nissan Maxima with 205k miles. around 202k it was starting to have shifting problems. and P0744 came up.
      I noticed the Fluid was dirty so I changed it and used Lucus with Valvoline MaxLife Synthetic ATF. the Fluid that came out was dark/black brown. no metal flakes or metallic tint and didn’t smell bad. after the Fluid Drain-fill, it was alot better but P0744 which I had cleared came back after 70 miles. I continued to drive as it got better the more it was driven then around 900 miles it was almost back to normal and I cleared the code again. it would still come back p0744. I keep on driving and clearing it and it got better the more it was driven. around 3k after the change I decided to change it again as I noticed it was black again but with a red tint this time. so I changed the ATF again and used Valvoline MaxLife and Lucus again. Results: it was better and the shutter between 1-2 shift was mostly gone. but the CEL would still come on occasionally for speeds
      > 50 mph according to my Scanner tool Freeze Frame. I am thinking I have a Sticking TCC solenoid. your thoughts on using SeaForm TransTune before the next ATF Drain/Fill to complete the Flush of the transmission. ( I used the Honda approach and did not use a machine by changing it multi times due to the age/mileage of the car)

any Experiences out there with use seaform TransTune in a transmission?

Thanks

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…