Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Shifting knob won’t shift 1995 f150

Shifting knob won’t shift 1995 f150

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Shifting knob won’t shift 1995 f150

• Creator
    Topic
    Anthony GillianAnthony Gillian
    Participant

I just changed the rear main seal on my transmission. After putting everything back together, I was not able to shift through the gears at all when the engine was running, but when the engine was off, I was able to shift through all the gears. I was having a little trouble with repressurizing the clutch.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

First thing would be to confirm the throw out bearing is moving due to you having issues re-pressurizing it..
        If that is operating correctly, at that point I have to assume something went wrong in the reassembly.
        If you replaced the clutch components ( IE clutch, pressure plate, pilot bushing/bearing, throw out bearing ) were they the correct parts?
        you may have gotten a defective part / incorrect part.
        Poor clutch alignment.

Douglas AbrahamDouglas Abraham
        Participant

I know this forum question is very old, but should anyone stumble upon it I wanted to give my two cents. I have a 1995 F150 with the five speed and have changed it’s clutch and throw-out bearing. From experience with this and with other Fords of the era, it has been my experience that the clutch is difficult to bleed due to the positions of the master cylinder and the hose to from the master cylinder to slave. What I found to be helpful is to use a vacuum pump. I found a tip to use on the hose from the vacuum pump that seated perfectly in the hold of master that leads to the hose. I put it in there and applied some vacuum (20psi). Slowly some bubbles came out and up the vacuum line like a fish tank bubbler. It was also a way to check to make sure there are no leaks in the line. I left this applied for like a half hour, and by the end, my clutch felt great.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…