So I have a subaru in my garage for 4 year now (can’t believe its been that long). Had a bolt break off and just never had to the time to circle back to it with changes in life (having a kid). Now I need to move it so I need to drill that bolt out and put in the new steering rack.
Anyway. once I get the rack in place and the new tie-rods on, I am going to need to start the damn thing. My thoughts on this are:
1. Remove plus and Spray a bit of ATF down each cylinder.
2. Spray some fogging oil in each cylinder.
3. drink a few cold snacks and drink some high proof brown water.
4. hand crank engine the next day
5. at some point remove any old gas and put in some new gas with a shot of marvel mystery oil to help off set any left over old gas and to lube the injectors after sitting for so long.
6. put the plugs back in and crank on it.
What do you all think of this plan?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.