Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • steering knuckle..04 honda accord v6 manual

steering knuckle..04 honda accord v6 manual

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here steering knuckle..04 honda accord v6 manual

• Creator
    Topic
    ALLWRLD SMITHALLWRLD
    Participant

my rt front wheel bearings are going bad ..yes i hear that woosh sound and gets louder with speed , since i dont own a press i would like to just replace the entire knuckle with the hub assembly complete however im finding only knuckles that say rated for the 2.4l automatic models nothing specifying the v6 3.0l models … im curious as to is there a real difference between the steering knuckle measurements on a 2.4l automatic model vs a 6spd manual model ..????

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

In my experience, wheel bearings don’t normally go bad on Hondas without some outside issue like someone replacing a wheel stud by removing the hub and then pressing it back into the bearing. I would be sure you really need wheel bearings before you go down that road. Additionally, there are other tools that make for easy wheel bearing replacement that don’t involve a press. Links in the description to the tools. BTW, you can often rent these tools from your local auto parts store.

But I would start here.

You might also find this helpful. http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/diagnosing-noises-in-your-car

Good hunting.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…