Menu

steering wheel is not straight

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here steering wheel is not straight

• Creator
    Topic
    R LRuby Long
    Participant

Hey, I have a 2008 Buick Lacrosse. After replacing the front driver’s side outer tie rod and lower control arm, my steering wheel is not straight anymore and my ABs and traction control dash lights come on after driving the car, saying there is a problem with them. It resets after I shut the car off but after driving again they come back on. The car seems to drive pretty straight, it doesn’t pull but the steering wheels off. Do you know why this is happening/what needs to be fixed or is it all because it needs an alignment?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

First off ..get an alignment.
        Second.
        Assuming you disassembled the components to replace the lower control arm.
        Might first check for codes in the ABS to give you some direction.
        May have damaged the sensor, or reassembled the components incorrectly.

R LRuby Long
        Participant

yea was planning on getting an alignment I’ll get that and see what happens

Nothing was disassembled though. Didn’t unplug the abs wheel speed sensor just moved the harness out of the way dropped the old control arm out and put the new one in then reconnected the harness.
          I’ll have the codes read too after and let you know what happened

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…