Menu

Student discount tool programs.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk Student discount tool programs.

• Creator
    Topic
    RegisRegis
    Participant

Etcg and friends,

All the major manufactures and dealers of tools have a program that allows a student to purchase tools at a discounted rate. With that said, I would like to hear everyone’s feedback. I am having trouble deciding what tools and or kits I must have in my box for my first real position in a shop.

I am currently enrolled in a automotive tech program and need all the advice I can get, when it comes to tools. I plan to soon make that leap into a more career centered position. I do not want to be the noob that shows up with either the wrong tools or be “that” guy that borrows all the tools.

My first thought is, enroll in all of them and pick and choose the deals based on the discounts. I just don’t want to spend money on the tools I can acquire in other ways or maybe further down the line.

Thank you for the help

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      GregGreg
      Participant

The apprentice at our shop is using the Snap on program on he is getting stuff at 50% off. He has to order on a specific web site and pay in full but 50% off is a nice discount. I don’t know anything about the others.

RegisRegis
        Participant

I would agree that’s a nice discount! I definitely want to check them out. How do I get a hold of a rep?

Thanks for the input!

GregGreg
          Participant

I do believe there is a link on the snap on tools web site. I went to go look but the web site is down for upgrades right now

zerozero
            Participant

Snap-On Student Excellence Program website:

https://sep.snapon.com/webclient/index.html#/

Mac Tools has their Student Tech Program:

http://www.mactools.ca/en-ca/buy-now/student-tech-programs

Talk to an instructor for more information I guess.

If you’re in Canada, both brands have programs for registered apprentices once you’re in the field.

wafrederickwafrederick
              Participant

Sometimes the rep is there certain days.Check for this as well.Matco has a student tool discount program too.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…