Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Suzuki Swift – strange creaking/springing noise [VIDEO]

Suzuki Swift – strange creaking/springing noise [VIDEO]

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Suzuki Swift – strange creaking/springing noise [VIDEO]

• Creator
    Topic
    AndreAndre
    Participant

Hi all,

Got this creaking or springing noise when the car goes over an undulation in the road, demonstrated in this video on the ramp/kerb going into the garage.

It does it at
      0:08
      0:17
      0:25
      0:36
      0:43
      00:50

It’s done it for years (since we bought the car used), I’ve had the rear drums off and inspected, I’ve inspected the bushings for play, I’ve had the rear springs and shocks out and refitted them, I’ve checked the engine mounts and wheel bearings. I’ve also checked the exhaust by visual inspection and also by pulling on it in different directions.

The noise sounds like it’s coming from the rear of the car, but it is hard to tell.
      I cannot find anything wrong, it’s a 2011 with only 40k miles on the clock and it keeps passing its yearly inspection despite me asking the mechanic to check for a noise.

Any advice is appreciated for how I can diagnose this without loading up the parts canon – thanks!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…