Menu

Temperature Sensor Fix Itself?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Temperature Sensor Fix Itself?

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,
    I have a 2013 Chrysler T&C. Two weeks ago had a check engine light turn on. Checked it at autozone and determined it was the temperature sensor. I ordered one on Amazon and while waiting for shipment, the check engine light turned off. I have not replaced it yet and the check engine is still off. When it was illuminated, the temp gauge ran about 1/4 past C where normally its about 1/2 between C and H. Yesterday it was still at about 1/4 temp and check engine was still off. Today check engine is still off, but the temp gauge is back to 1/2 way. I’m confused. Was the temp sensor/switch stuck and fixed itself? Should I replace it?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    ChristianChristian
    Participant

Could be a faulty sensor, maybe been air in the line.
      Have you had a coolant change or work done to the system recently?

Have not had any coolant work done recently.

Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

If you have not checked your coolant level, make sure it is full.

If you have a scanner with live data, it could be useful to see what the ECT is when the temp gauge is misbehaving. Also, the code for this problem may be a 2 trip code so that may be why it does not register immediately. It could also be an intermittent issue somewhere, those can be a bear to track down.

You can test an ECT sensor with water, a thermometer and an ohm meter. There are tables available that give the temperature/resistance relationship.

Good luck, let us know how it goes…

Mike HutchinsonMike Hutchinson
        Participant

Have you tried troubleshooting it using OBD2 scanner? Maybe you should try, it always help me find any problem with my car. If you plan on buying one, I recommend you use Autel Maxisys Pro MS908P, check out this review of Autel Maxisys Pro MS908P at https://bestobd2scanners.com/autel/maxisys-pro-ms908p-reviews/ for more information.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…